Acceptable Use Policy
Children’s Optimal Health’s (COH) intention for publishing an Acceptable Use Policy is to provide guidelines for users that encourage proper use within COH’s established culture of openness, trust and integrity. COH is committed to protecting the organization, its employees, and its partners from illegal or damaging actions by individuals, either knowingly or unknowingly.
COH maps and map reports are the property of COH, however, they are made available online for download in accordance with COH’s mission: to give agencies and communities access to proprietary data by using GIS mapping to illuminate issues involving Central Texas children. By layering data from many sources, COH can help communities visualize the health of their neighborhoods, identify assets and needs, and unearth opportunities for collaborative change. It is our purpose to improve operations, inform policy change, encourage research, and engage the community.
Downloading, using, and/or presenting COH maps or map reports should be in accordance with COH’s mission. COH material that is downloaded should retain its original format and be displayed and/or interpreted using original COH text, narrative, or observations within the map or map report file. Effective use and accurate interpretation of COH’s map and map reports is essential and required.
It is the responsibility of every user downloading COH material to know these guidelines, and to conduct their activities accordingly.
The purpose of this policy is to outline the acceptable use of downloaded COH map or map reports from the COH website. These rules are in place to protect COH, data partners, individuals represented by the data, and users of COH material. Inappropriate use or modification of any COH material is strictly prohibited, and in addition to copyright infringement, may constitute HIPAA or FERPA violations.
This policy applies to any person or organization downloading or using COH material from COH’s website. This policy applies to all COH owned material, including maps, map reports, and other documents or information available on the COH website.
4.1 Downloading COH Maps and Map Reports
1. Any person or organization downloading COH maps is prohibited from changing, editing, excluding, or adding any content in the original file.
2. Copyrights in all materials on the COH website, including the COH maps and map reports, are owned or licensed by COH. © Children’s Optimal Health. All rights reserved.
4.2 Interpretation of COH Maps and Map Reports
1. Interpretation of maps is limited to the interpretation in the file provided by COH.
2. COH is not responsible for the accuracy of any maps or map reports.
4.3 Using or Presenting COH Maps and Map Reports
1. COH maps or map reports are to be presented and used in their original format including any text, narrative, observation, or titles.
2. COH maps or map reports may be used only for their authorized purposes: to support communities in visualizing the health of their neighborhoods, identifying assets and needs, improving operations, informing policy change, encouraging research, and engaging the community to improve the health of children in Central Texas. Information contained within the COH site, including but not limited to the COH maps and map reports, is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Do not use information from the COH website to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting a qualified health care provider.
3. Any questions regarding the acceptable use of COH materials should be directed to COH staff.
4. Any person or organization downloading COH maps or map reports should properly cite the information was obtained from the COH website and the date the information was accessed.
4.4 Prohibited Use
1. Any use of COH maps or map reports that is inconsistent with this Policy or COH’s mission, in COH’s sole discretion, is prohibited.
2. COH is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization and, as such, is subject to specific federal, state, and local laws regarding sources of income, political activities, use of property, and similar matters. As a result, commercial use of COH maps or map reports for non-COH purposes is generally prohibited, except if specifically authorized and permitted.
3. Use of COH maps or map reports in a way that suggests COH endorsement of a political candidate or ballot initiative is prohibited.
4. Without specific authorization, any person or organization downloading COH maps is prohibited from changing, editing, excluding, or adding any content in the original file.
5. Any use of COH maps or map reports in violation of civil or criminal law at the federal, state or local levels is strictly prohibited.
6. Users agree not to bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by COH or any of our providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect COH’s maps or map reports or COH’s website.
7. Use of any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a COH trademark, logo, URL, or product name without COH’s express written consent is prohibited.
8. Accessing, tampering with, or using non-public areas of COH’s website, our computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of our providers is prohibited.
9. Making changes to COH materials that are downloaded is prohibited – all materials should retain their original format and be displayed and/or interpreted using original COH text, narrative, or observations within the map or map report file.
10. The materials provided at this site are provided “as is” without any warranties of any kind including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property. COH further does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the materials at this site. COH makes no commitment to update the materials at this site, even if out of date. Information published at this site may refer to products, programs, or services that are not available in your county or region.
11. In no event will COH, its physicians, members, affiliates, suppliers, or other third parties mentioned at this site be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, those resulting from lost profits, lost data, or business interruption) arising out of the use, inability to use, or due to any breach of security associated with the transmission of information through the internet, or the results of use of this site, include but not limited to the COH maps and map reports, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
4.5 Termination of User Account
COH may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend a user’s account without notice and liability for any reason, including if, in COH’s sole determination, a user violates any provision of this Acceptable Use Policy or for no reason.